MarineLand – St. Augustine, FL
Have you ever dreamed of swimming with Dolphins?
Well, now you can. Marineland in St. Augustine, FL. offers 5 programs for you to choose from:
- – Touch & Feed (ages 3 and up @ $26pp) – you get to literally touch the dolphins and feed them fish, hold their tails, splash them and they’ll splash you back
- – Dolphin Designs (ages 5 & up @ $85pp) – you get to do have artclass with a dolphin. Here you’ll pick up to three colors for the dolphin to paint on a canvas that you hold over the water. Once the dolphin is finished painting you two can spend a few minutes interacting.
- – Discover Dolphins (ages 5 & up @ $149pp) – here you’ll get to go into the shallow-end of the pool with the dolphin for twenty minutes. Anyone under 8 must be accompanied by someone 13 or older and also participating in the Discover Dolphins program.
- – The Immersion (ages 5 & up @ $189pp) – here you’ll not only get to spend time in the shallow water with the dolphins but also swim with them in the deep end for thirty minutes. You’ll wear a snorkel mask and life vest. Anyone under 10 must be accompanied by someone 16 or older and also participating in The Immersion program.
- – The Quest (ages 13 & up @ $330pp) – here you get to enjoy being a member of the crew and play with the dolphins just like the trainers do. You also get to paint with the dolphins and receive a custom-designed beach towel. Only four guests allowed at a time in two groups of two.
If you don’t want to participate in one of these programs you can just sit back and watch the dolphins swimming around with footballs in their mouth, playing with hoola hoops, jumping in the air or interacting with others. Dolphins recognize blues & greens, so if you’re wearing one of these colors and stand in the window of the large tank – they’ll stop by and say hi to you. Occasionally they’ll even throw the football over for you to catch and throw back.
Marineland is on Rte A1A between the European Village in PalmCoast and St. Augustine proper with the ocean behind it. Park is open 8:30am to 4:30pm everyday. For more information and/or reservations go to: marineland.net or call 1-888-279-9194. Be sure to say hello to Marc and Simon (the guys at the end of the video).